COURSE: FIRE EMERGENCY RESPONSE FOR OFFSHORE HELIDECK
COURSE CODE: FEROH 103
Despite the best efforts of all involved in helicopter operations, it is recognized that accidents can and do occur. Within the limits inherent in operating at remote helidecks, the potential for accidents demand an immediate and correct response to prevent serious injury or property damage.
The purpose and objectives of this course are to provide:
• effective fire protection
• crash-rescue procedures for incident project Heli-deck operations.
It prescribes minimum firefighting and crash-rescue operating requirements.
• Fire and Classes of Fire
• Extinguishing Agents for Helicopter Landing Areas
• Fire Detection Systems for Helicopter Landing Areas (on site)
• Basic Helicopter Design and Construction
• On Site Accident Preparedness Planning (Local Unit Plan)
• Helicopter Operational Hazards
• Types of Emergency
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Emergency Tools and EquipmentHelideck Fire Fighting Techniques
Helicopter Makes and Models
Rescue of Occupants
-Seat Belt Cutter
Basic First Aid –CPR
FILMSHOW:- RESPONDING TO AN EMERGENCY
Types of Fuel and Identification
De-fueling and Safety Precautions
Vendor Responsibility, Government Responsibility
Helideck Crew Briefing
Confined Space Entry
Breathing Apparatus Donning Procedures
Incipient stage fire fighting
Use of portable fire extinguishers
Hose and Hose Handling
Hoses under pressure
Foam and foam making equipment’s
Helicopter Landing Officers and offshore Fire team members
Class room session,
Course manual for all participants
Digital in-focus projector to display lecture slides
At the end of the course, participants shall be issued certificates.
Participant per Class
Every three years
Health: All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Commencement Date: Course scheduled on request – please contact our Training Manager on 08038873527 or visit www.workplacesafetynig.com/calendar to view our training calendar