COURSE: SAFE HANDLING OF CHEMICALS
COURSE CODE: SHOC 101
• Chemical exposure may cause or contribute to many serious health effects such as heart ailments, central nervous system damage, kidney and lung damage, sterility, cancer, burns, and rashes
• Some chemicals may also be safety hazards and have the potential to cause fires and explosions and other serious accidents
• The objective of this course is for personnel to develop an effective Hazard Communication Program by identifying, explaining, and using the four practical elements of the rule for the purpose of informing employees of the hazards, identities, and protective measures to prevent injury or illness.
• Written Hazard Communication Program
• Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs)
• Employee Information and Training
* Introduction to Hazardous Materials
* Requirements of regulations
* COSHH assessments
* Classes of Hazardous substances
* Contents, Location and availability of MSDS’s
* Hazardous chemicals used in the workplace
* Routes of entry into human.
* Method to detect
* Labeling and marking of Hazardous chemicals
* Video on Hazardous chemical spills
* Physical and health hazards
* Measures for personal protection
* Details, training of the written Hazcom plan.
* Safe storage and handling of chemicals.
* Safe use of spill kits
* Hazardous Materials Containers and Packaging
* Hazardous Materials Handling and Moving * Command, Safety, Incident/ Scene Control When Incidents Occur
All Offshore workers
Class room session,
Digital in-focus projector to display lecture slides
Course manual for all participants;
At the end of the course participants shall be issued a certificate
Participant per Class
Every three years Health: All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Commencement Date: Course scheduled on request – please contact our Training Manager on 08038873527 or visit www.workplacesafetynig.com to view our training calendar